My bedroom right now is the most complete. So I thought I'd put up a few pictures today of it to share just in case you're interested. So here it is:

If you move to the other side of the bed you can see that there is a small hallway in the master bedroom that leads to the master bath. (The other door you see is the door to my closet.)

Did you notice what was IN the frames? It's packing paper! And no, it is not staying there.
At one time I read an idea on some one's blog that suggested before hanging things on the wall to hang paper cut in the size of the picture/object. This helps with 2 things. #1 - it has been nice just to see and plan out what the wall will look like in the end. A few walls I have had all the paper hung there and then when looking at it for a few days I decide I've hung it all too high, so then the adjustment is easy and doesn't cause multiple holes in the wall. #2 -If you're using a nail to hang the pictures you can just nail it right through the paper (if you've marked on the paper where the hanger is) and then tear down the paper and hang your frame. And when I say "if you're using nails" - what else would I use you might ask? 3m Command Strips. I highly recommend them. It is basically velcroing pictures to the wall, no holes, it comes off clean and it is really strong. As long as you hang your picture straight it will never be anything but straight b/c its not balancing on a tiny nail, but is held sturdily by one or multiple strips of velcro. I even got it on clearance...I think I got 6 packages for like $7 (although reg price would be about twice that or maybe a bit more). Anyways, if you can't tell, I'm sold on the product. I think its fantastic! (Oh, and I know the candleabra is without candles. I'm planning on getting some...I think. I hung this in OK too and it remained empty the entire 15 months we lived there, except for the red candles I put in it during Christmas, I just could never find the right color. Hopefully this time I'll find what I want soon.)I am sure there will be more previews as the packing paper that is hung throughout the house gets replaced with the actual pictures. I'm just glad to be able to live in the house rather than having to spend my entire day putting it together. Bella will start her new school on Monday so I'm sure next week will be full of stories and adventures. So stay tuned!
P.S. Check out my photography blog later today for a few fun "Florida" pictures. (Click HERE)
**edited to explain something about the pictures/paper stuff. The ones in this picture are 12x12 - I'm going to order 3 12x12 mounted pictures to be hung inside those frames - which are completely empty - all you see is frame and wall. Other walls in my house just have paper collages where I will have a grouping of pictures, these I happened to hang the large frames adn was trying to decide the picture size I would put inside of them. I'm happy with the 12x12 size...I'll repost a picture of it once my prints come in.
2 comments:
Love the pics! You are so awesome with getting stuff done! We have been in our new place for almost 3 weeks now and I have yet gotten a room done to the point of being able to post a picture. So sad!
Your room looks great! You are so ambitious!
Post a Comment