
E-T-H-A-N
This boy, THIS BOY! Man, does he wear his mommy out. He is SO sweet, and I sincerely mean that. There has never been a boy sweeter than him. That being said, he is TROUBLE! Not in a mean sort of way, just in a curious, a little too independent way. Today I caught him getting his own snack. I swear, when he is awake you cannot take your eyes off him for a second. I am always so glad when it is his nap time b/c I get a break. I felt so bad for our babysitter when we went out (all day) for Anthony's birthday because Ethan only took a 30 minute nap. I'm sure she slept good that night.
And taking this kid anywhere in public? Well, places you're constantly moving are okay, but try to stop and try something on, or really look at something, or say open a bank account (like we did today), or sit in church and just be prepared to wrestle, and hear screaming...or give in and give him candy just to keep him quiet. BUT, you had better have a lot in stock, because he runs through it quick. And, yes, I know its not the smartest thing to load an already rowdy child with candy...but so far its the ONLY thing I've found to keep him at least temporarily happy in moments like these. And I am sure some of you know, when you're sitting in an otherwise quiet bank trying to discuss your account options you'll do just about anything to keep a screaming child happy.
Thankfully he will officially be nursery age (18 months at our church) on January 17th. This past Sunday I actually got permission to take him to nursery just to try it out. I stayed the first hour, and then he stayed by himself the second. It was very liberating. I actually heard the lesson, and I didn't leave church with my feet feeling like I'd walked 10 miles (around and around the church building). I am hoping that as he goes to nursery and starts to grow up that his curiosity might be tamed just a bit, and he can be out of eye sight for more than 30 seconds without that being a major problem.
This boy, THIS BOY! Man, does he wear his mommy out. He is SO sweet, and I sincerely mean that. There has never been a boy sweeter than him. That being said, he is TROUBLE! Not in a mean sort of way, just in a curious, a little too independent way. Today I caught him getting his own snack. I swear, when he is awake you cannot take your eyes off him for a second. I am always so glad when it is his nap time b/c I get a break. I felt so bad for our babysitter when we went out (all day) for Anthony's birthday because Ethan only took a 30 minute nap. I'm sure she slept good that night.
And taking this kid anywhere in public? Well, places you're constantly moving are okay, but try to stop and try something on, or really look at something, or say open a bank account (like we did today), or sit in church and just be prepared to wrestle, and hear screaming...or give in and give him candy just to keep him quiet. BUT, you had better have a lot in stock, because he runs through it quick. And, yes, I know its not the smartest thing to load an already rowdy child with candy...but so far its the ONLY thing I've found to keep him at least temporarily happy in moments like these. And I am sure some of you know, when you're sitting in an otherwise quiet bank trying to discuss your account options you'll do just about anything to keep a screaming child happy.
Thankfully he will officially be nursery age (18 months at our church) on January 17th. This past Sunday I actually got permission to take him to nursery just to try it out. I stayed the first hour, and then he stayed by himself the second. It was very liberating. I actually heard the lesson, and I didn't leave church with my feet feeling like I'd walked 10 miles (around and around the church building). I am hoping that as he goes to nursery and starts to grow up that his curiosity might be tamed just a bit, and he can be out of eye sight for more than 30 seconds without that being a major problem.
1 comment:
Hee hee... sounds VERY familiar. I wish I could tell you it gets easier (and in some ways it does), but at 4.5 and 2.5 my boys are just as busy and curious as ever. You might understand why I have locks on EVERYTHING in my house! Nap time and my sense of humor are what keeps me sane. Good luck!
Post a Comment