
The shuttle was here...

...before we ever heard the sound of lift off. And that was pretty cool.
What wasn't cool was the fact that I got yesterday, actually I never went to bed. We left at 2am, me and a friend, and drove to Space Park just 7 miles from the launch site, and a unobstructed view (just water in the foreground). Us and 5,000 others sat for hours (us 2.5, others MUCH longer) just to find out at the last minute that the mission had been scrubbed due to too much cloud cover. Bummer, big bummer. I don't even have a cool picture to show for it, but I had a good time gabbing with a friend. We got home just in time to hop in the shower and head to church without a wink of sleep. I can definitely say I fell asleep several times during church yesterday, and I'm pretty sure I fell asleep before my head hit the pillow at 1 in the afternoon. And now, I think I'm heading back that way for a few more hours. Zzzzz.
No comments:
Post a Comment