In two weeks when summer is over, I think I will have some great dreams.
I am sure most will include me with my feet in the warm sand, listening to the waves crash into shore, and the sounds of those passing by. And when I look over my right shoulder I will see this:
I will hear the sounds of my kids giggling as they feel the Coquina's trying to burrow into their hands.
I will see their smiles as they run, splash and take turns riding on the waves.
I will inspect hundreds of shells to see if they are indeed the prettiest one I've ever seen.
And, I will call for Ethan as he runs away,
and then laugh when I realize that he's discovered the ice cream man on the beach.
And laugh harder still when he continues to run down the beach after the ice cream man.
And once I have Ethan back safely near me I'll close my eyes just for a minute and let the ocean breeze blow across my face and feel the warm sun on my cheeks and I'll smile...cause all is right.
And then, the alarm will go off, I will wake up and realize that summer is past. School has begun and our days of lounging on the beach are past. I must get kids up and ready. It was good while it lasted.
How many days until next summer?








No comments:
Post a Comment