Wednesday, September 08, 2010

When She Grows Up

DSC_9056 copy2

Lately whenever we ask Natalie what she wants to be when she gets big she tells us, “A Ballerina!” It doesn’t matter that she’s never been in a dance class in her life, and if you suggest that she hasn’t been in a class she just replies, “I know, but I’m already so good.”

DSC_8958 copy

She prances around the house, putting on shows…and sometimes the shows even cost money to watch. Lots of piggy money (from her brother’s piggy bank toy).

DSC_9038 copy2

She has assured us that she can support herself and a family with the monies she would make from being a Ballerina, and when I suggested she teach on the side to earn a bit of extra cash she insisted not. She just wants to be on stage, after-all Bella has already promised her that Ballet dancers make lots of money.

DSC_9001 copy

And with moves like this, I’m sure she’ll be a star.

DSC_8956 copy2

Bravo! (This is her bow.)

DSC_9012 copy

Maybe Mom and Dad should stop being cheap and fork out the cash for her to take a class or two. Besides, what are dreams worth? And as long as we’re talking about dreams…I’d like her to just stay this age forever. Yeah, I know, in my dreams.

DSC_9017 copy2

3 comments:

The Walkers said...

She is TOOOO CUTE!!!! Let her dream. (And hope for them to come true. Easy retirement for Mom and Dad)

elise said...

we found some really affordable lessons here (afton'll be 4 tomorrow, she's getting them for her birthday). my friend works for a rec center in town and she assures me they're great too, 10 lessons for only $40. i hope you can find something good for natalie too :) it's too cute watching them dance :)

Christensen Family said...

Your art is really gettin' good... I mean great! Seriously Jen, your pics are so beautiful and exude so much emotion. Love it.