Thursday, February 09, 2006

5 Days until Valentine's Day!!!



My mom was holding Natalie and helping Isabella with her Jell-O when Natalie decided she needed some Jell-O too!


Last Friday night Anthony took Isabella to a Daddy/Daughter Dance at church, she was so excited to go and they both had a really great time!


Valentine's Day isn't that big of a deal to me. When I was in high school I HATED Valentine's Day. I never had a boyfriend when the day came around so I was filled with jealousy as I watched other girls at school flaunt their flowers, balloons and other gifts. I tried to convince myself that Valentine's Day didn't matter, but to my teenage heart it did.

Then Anthony and I started dating. We had 1 Valentine's day together before he left on his mission. I can't remember exactly what we did. I finally had a boyfriend for the big day but now I fully believed that Valentine's Day didn't matter. Not that I was cynical about the day anymore, it is fun, but I had realized a greater truth. Valentine's Day is just one day a year, we should be spending everyday of the year showing our sweethearts how much they mean to us. Gifts and surprises are much more meaningful when they come on a day that is unexpected, and the way we treat one another every other day is the real gift.

But for some reason this year I am so excited for Valentine's day I can hardly stand it! I don't care at all what I get, or if I get anything. I am most excited to give Anthony his gifts this year because I think he is really going to like them. I don't know what's gotten into me., we don't even typically give eachother Valentine's gifts, but this year I couldn't resist. I've been so proud of him, he did really well last semester and he's still putting in so much effort this semester. I know it is very mentally draining and physically tiring so I just thought I ought to make the day especially wonderful for him. I just can't wait!

So the count down is on! Hopefully I can stand the wait so that I don't give him any of his gifts early! I'll post pictures of them next week...I can't this week b/c he could see it!

Have a great day and remember to do something nice for your sweetie, but more importantly remember that when it really counts isn't the holidays, it is the everydays!

~jen

No comments: