This just happened this morning and I couldn't resist sharing.
I have been feeling really tired lately. Natalie has had a rough week with a cold and teething (still no teeth) and Isabella terrible two's are in full swing, they wear me out every day! I am always so glad when 8pm comes and Isabella goes to bed so I can rest. But then I stay up and spend some much needed time with Anthony and haven't been going to bed until around midnight. This would be fine if my girls would let me sleep until the coveted hour of 7am, but Natalie has been getting up between 5 and 5:30 all week! So I have been running on around 5 hours of sleep a night, a few nights even less because I went to bed even later.
So, first of all last night Isabella woke up just as we were going to bed, then 2 hours after we went to bed and then 2 hours later. It was like I had an new born in the house. Then Natalie got up at her usual 5:30am. I was feeding her the first bottle of the day when I thought, I am going to try to put her back down because she needs to learn to sleep until 6:30 or 7am. A little toughing it out won't hurt her and will be good for us all in the long run. So I went to put her back into bed and as soon as I walked in the girl's room Isabella sat straight up and said, "Mommy!" No way! I wasn't having this so I told her it was the middle of the night and she needed to go back to bed. So I laid Natalie down to which she didn't fuss but Isabella was screaming. By now it was 6am so I decided to turn off my monitor (b/c I could hear them anyway) and set my alarm for 7am in case I did fall asleep and try to teach them what time was a good starting time for their days. They switched between crying and playing the entire time and at 7am I went and got them out of bed.
Isabella wanted her usual chocolate milk and Natalie needed a diaper change. I took care of those things and started Vegitales because that is what Isabella watches on Sunday mornings. I had breakfast and then ended up dosing while the movie played. Just before 8 Natalie was getting fussy. This is pretty typical for her so I figured she was tired of her toys and wanted to be held and probably wanted a bottle since she didn't have a full one at 5:30. I made her a bottle and then she ate and I talked to her. She started falling asleep so I figured she was ready for a nap since she'd never slept again after 5:30. Just as I was standing up I realized my lap was all wet. Then I realized her pj's were all wet. No way could she have wet through that new diaper from an hour ago! Then I felt her bottom and it didn't feel padded. I looked on the floor and right there was the fresh diaper! Had I really forgotten to put the new diaper on? I tour open her pj's to find that indeed she was stark naked under them and the poor thing had wet all over herself! I guess I was more tired than I thought! What a bad mommy!
Hope your day started more smoothly than mine! I think I'll be going to bed earlier this week!
~jen
2 comments:
Sounds like a normal mommy thing to do sometimes. They can really make us tired sometimes. But it is nice to know that things like this happen to other people too!!
Oh man you must have been tired! That's a good story!
Post a Comment