
Poor Natalie has had a rough week. Friday afternoon I noticed a spot on her gums that was swelling. I was excited because that meant a tooth was probably coming soon. When Isabella teethed that was basically it, noticed swelling, one night of bad sleeping and two days later the tooth was out. She never really had a hard time with teething. Natalie on the other had has already proved to be different.
Like I said it started Friday, she was a little irritable, but not bad. Saturday morning she woke up with a runny nose, which everyone knows is typical of teething. By Sunday she was just down right mad about it. She wasn't taking good naps and was very fussy whenever she was awake. This got even worse on Monday and Tuesday. My poor sister was watching them for me so I could go to a doctor's appointment and Natalie cried the entire time. I was gone 3 hours, so since it is spring break for her kids she had 5 kids - a 6 year old, a 5 year old, a 2 year old a 10 month old and a crying 6 month old. I owe her big time!
So today is Thursday and she's handling it a little better. The gums are still really swollen and her naps aren't as great as they have been but the fussing is considerably less. Thank goodness! I guess I'll add this experience to my list of ways my girls are different. I know you're not supposed to compare kids, and I don't do it to say that one is better than another, but it is very obvious to me and Anthony that our two girls are very different in almost every aspect of life. It is hard not to notice that on a daily basis. I enjoy their differences though (except for the teething one) it makes life a little more interesting.
Have a good week!
1 comment:
Poor Natalie! Janelle was a grouchy teether as well, so I totally understand. The process of each tooth seemed to last weeks! Try letting her suck on one of those freezer pops, Janelle always seemed to like that.
Post a Comment