
So now that the "hoopla" of planning Natalie's birthday party and the anticipation of her turning 1 is over, we can have a "normal" week right? Well, getting back to "normal" made me think - what is normal? Because, I don't think we know what it is at our house. There is ALWAYS something abnormal going on.
This week it is the fact that Jeri, Brian and their kids are leaving for Houston on Saturday. Their house has been closed on, they've already had the closing on their new house, and their belongings arrived in Houston today. Saturday they will load up the car and the kids and will say adios to Oklahoma. So that makes an abnormal week for us because we're trying to spend every possible moment playing with cousins before they move.
Next week is abnormal because my brother Steve and his wife Crystal are coming to visit so we'll be going from fun thing to fun thing. (Not that I am complaining!) They'll be here the entire week, so it certainly won't be a normal week.
I actually think that the problem weeks ARE the "normal" ones because the girls get so bored! We're always going, going, going that the moment we take a break they're antsy to get moving again. At least it seems that way.
Oh well, that is the fun of life. I think my girls get it from me, b/c I am a get up get going type of person. I'm never fully satisfied sitting still (well, not most of the time anyway). The amount of "abnormal" weeks is in part due to the fact that we live near my mom and dad. This makes us apart of all the visits that my Grandma, Aunts, Uncles and brother's (and soon to be sister after she moves) make to my parents. Its a nice bonus for us, especially since we aren't really able to travel right now. So...here's a hint to my 2 brother's that I haven't seen in a while...if you're reading this - how about a trip to visit Mom and Dad? We have a few normal weeks that will be boring, so we'd like to make them abnormal!
~jen
1 comment:
So, you're saying "normal" for you guys is really "abnormal" I guess. That sounds about right for you - and I mean that in the nicest way! You really are a little busy-body yourself, and I imagine your girls would take after you. I need a little more get-up-and-go in me, can I have some of yours? Just kidding. Have fun with Steve and Crystal and live it up with Jeri and Brian while you can!
Post a Comment