
2006
2005
2004I don't know about any of you, but I am so excited about Christmas. I get this way every year, however since becoming a parent that excitement has increased tremendously. I love the music, the lights, the decor, and the traditions that come with the season.
For our family the season gets kicked off each year the day before Thanksgiving. We take the girls to Toys R Us to "test" the toys and get a real idea of what they would like to have, then we go and visit Santa so they can tell him what they want. Well, in theory anyway. Isabella has never really told Santa what she would like, and Natalie of course doesn't talk much yet, but that is the idea.
This year the annual Toys R Us trip has really ignited the anticipation of Christmas in Isabella. By the time we got home she was begging to have the Christmas videos taken out to be watched - Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph will be viewed many times between now and Christmas I am sure. And by last night she was able to sing, "Santa Clause is coming to town" all by herself.
Oh, and I must comment on the Santa pictures. 2004 was, of course, just Bella. She loved him! She'd get so excited to see him. By 2005, however, she wouldn't even sit on his lap. So the best we could do was get her standing in front of him. This year Bella did alright, although she didn't want to talk to him, but Natalie didn't want Santa to see her. As soon as I put her on his lap she didn't cry she just bend over and put her head on her knees. We had to use some jingle bells to get her to look at the camera for the picture. Such funny girls we have!
We started pulling out decorations yesterday but didn't get much put up, right now the house is just a mess with boxes everywhere! Throughout today I'll get the house decorated and finish lighting the tree and then tonight as a family we'll put all the ornaments and garland on the tree. We'll have turkey quesodilla's, fudge and left over pie, listen to Christmas music and get in the spirit of the season. After the girls go to bed Anthony and I will watch Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation.
The season is in full swing, but aside from the traditions I have mentioned I am trying to make an effort this year to teach Isabella and Natalie why it is we celebrate Christmas beyond Santa and presents. I feel strongly that we need to have fun with the season, but we also need to teach our children the real meaning of Christmas.
I hope everyone had a great holiday and are enjoying the Christmas season!
~jen
For our family the season gets kicked off each year the day before Thanksgiving. We take the girls to Toys R Us to "test" the toys and get a real idea of what they would like to have, then we go and visit Santa so they can tell him what they want. Well, in theory anyway. Isabella has never really told Santa what she would like, and Natalie of course doesn't talk much yet, but that is the idea.
This year the annual Toys R Us trip has really ignited the anticipation of Christmas in Isabella. By the time we got home she was begging to have the Christmas videos taken out to be watched - Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph will be viewed many times between now and Christmas I am sure. And by last night she was able to sing, "Santa Clause is coming to town" all by herself.
Oh, and I must comment on the Santa pictures. 2004 was, of course, just Bella. She loved him! She'd get so excited to see him. By 2005, however, she wouldn't even sit on his lap. So the best we could do was get her standing in front of him. This year Bella did alright, although she didn't want to talk to him, but Natalie didn't want Santa to see her. As soon as I put her on his lap she didn't cry she just bend over and put her head on her knees. We had to use some jingle bells to get her to look at the camera for the picture. Such funny girls we have!
We started pulling out decorations yesterday but didn't get much put up, right now the house is just a mess with boxes everywhere! Throughout today I'll get the house decorated and finish lighting the tree and then tonight as a family we'll put all the ornaments and garland on the tree. We'll have turkey quesodilla's, fudge and left over pie, listen to Christmas music and get in the spirit of the season. After the girls go to bed Anthony and I will watch Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation.
The season is in full swing, but aside from the traditions I have mentioned I am trying to make an effort this year to teach Isabella and Natalie why it is we celebrate Christmas beyond Santa and presents. I feel strongly that we need to have fun with the season, but we also need to teach our children the real meaning of Christmas.
I hope everyone had a great holiday and are enjoying the Christmas season!
~jen
No comments:
Post a Comment