Thursday, February 14, 2008

For My Valentine


Sweetheart,

With Valentine's day being this week I started to write out the top 10 most romantic things you do for me each and every day and although they weren't R rated by any means I decided they were too personal to share. So I picked 1 - and it happens to be what I consider the most romantic thing you do for me, and you do it EACH and EVERY day!

Every night when we go to bed we always snuggle and talk for about 10 minutes, then Anthony will say, "Alright honey, I'm going to sleep. Sleep sweet. I love you. Wake me if you need anything during the night." I don't think you realize just how sweet and wonderful this is. And it is sweet for so many reasons!

#1- I KNOW you actually mean it. You've gone to the kitchen to get me a glass of water at 2am!

#2 - When you say "sleep sweet" it reminds me of our early dating days. Just before we started dating we went on a school choir trip to Nashville. On the bus we watched the movie George of the Jungle and on it they tell each other to "sleep sweet." We adopted this phrase in 1998 and here in 2008 it is still said every night in our home.

#3 - I am happy each and every night when I go to sleep because I know that I am not only loved by you but that you are mindful of and care about my well being enough to sacrifice sleep on my behalf should I need it.

So....Happy Valentine's Day Sweetheart! Thank you for all the million and one sweet things you do everyday without even thinking, thank you for the times you go out of your way to be extra sweet and thank you for everything in between. I'm so happy to be your wife!

Love,

Jen

1 comment:

Ku'ulei said...

SO sweet! That sure is one GREAT, wonderful thing! Thanks for sharing. Cute picture of you guys too. :)