Wednesday, February 13, 2008

IT'S A...........

BABY

BOY!!!

I can't tell you how excited Anthony is, when the image came up on the screen I immediately saw it and said "Wow - is that another gender?" (Why I asked the question that way I don't know, I think I was afraid to say boy and be wrong.) I looked over at Anthony while waiting for the doctor to respond and it looked like he was holding his breath in anticipation. When the doctor said, "Yes, that IS a boy." Anthony made a fist with his hand and exclaimed, "YES!" Of course he would have been happy to have another girl, but I think every daddy wants a son - and now he can look forward to his first son's birth.

Everything looked good with the baby. Good size, development and a strong heart beat. I am going well so we were given a clean bill of health and have another appointment in 4 weeks.

So the guessing is over. We will have 2 girls and now 1 bouncing baby boy. He will be the 17th grandchild on the Brough side of the family - the 9th grandson breaking the tie in favor of BOYS. And even more notably he will be the first Craiker grandchild to carry on the Craiker name, the other grandsons in Anthony's family (extended as well) were born to girls so they don't carry on the name.

And what will his name be?

Well, unless we change our minds - which I doubt he will be named....

Ethan Thomas

Yeah for boys! It has been an exciting day!

14 comments:

~Jen~ said...

side note - all the text was NOT supposed to be that big, some was...but I don't have time to fix it right now. Sorry!

Rachel said...

Jennifer, we are so excited for you. Boys are fun. I am glad to here that your baby boy looks healthy. Congrats.

Caitlin said...

Wow! How exciting -- I think having a least one baby of each gender is perfect. Congrats!

Crystal said...

Congratulations!!! I'm sooo excited that you are having a boy! What do the girls think?

Ashley said...

Yeah!! I am so excited for you and your cute family! Congratulations!

Heidi said...

Congrats, Jen! We love all our boys. They're great. Good luck and hopefully things continue to go so well for you during your pregnancy.

Brianne said...

Hooray! How exciting. Ethan is a very cute name too. Are the girls excited to have a baby brother? They'll probably want to dress him up and carry him around... at least that's what me and my sisters did to Taylor. Fun times. Glad everything looks good and hope you're feeling well (we know Anthony is now)!

Unknown said...

Congratulations ! We can hardly wait for the big day. I was so excited that I took time out from my class to come to the computer and find out the results. Also, we love the beautiful name that you picked out for him. By the way, what day in July will little Ethan Thomas be born.

Give those two beautiful little girls a big kiss from all of us.

Love and hugs,
Mawmaw, Pawpa, Toni, & David

Melissa said...

Congratulations! You had me fooled, I envisioned you guys as a many girl family! That is so exciting and such a perfect little name!

-Laura- said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you guys! It's definitely fun to add a little "blue" to the family. :)

Emily said...

I KNEW IT! Congratulations, you will love baby boys, they are so snuggly!!

the_sanchez_fam said...

Congrats!! It is defenitly fun to have 1 of each. I am sure Anthony is thrilled. It's fun for Daddys to get to pass things on they did with their dads to their sons.

Shaneen said...

Congrats! What I've noticed is that boys who are born with older sisters tend to be more tender hearted...just my observation. How exciting for your family!!

Sarah said...

Congrats!!!!! I'm excited for you! And Ethan is a great name!