Finally after the rain this week we had one nice and sunny day while Nana and Aunt Kyrstal were here. We stopped by this park on the way to the airport yesterday to run around and snap a few pictures.
Aunt Krystal, Natalie, Nana and Bella walking in the park.
Natalie is becoming better about having hers done too. It makes me wonder if I should brave the studio again with her. I'm just not sure I'm ready to try that yet.
Natalie, Isabella and Aunt Krystal.
On a sad note, the picture below are of my favorite place to take the girls for pictures. I've done both spring and fall pictures there for the past year and a half and we took my entire family there this past summer for our family portraits. As I posted in December we had a terrible ice storm here which had much of the city out of power for days and even weeks. Hardly any tree was spared from the storm both huge and small trees were literally bent in half under the weight of the ice (which in turn caused most to break and many landed on power lines and took them down as well, hence the outages). Anyway - I had not been to this picture spot until yesterday. We went to try to take some senior portraits of my sister-in-law Krystal and what we found was total destruction in the park. I was very saddened to see this beautiful place such a mess. The city did have crews there trying to clean up and cut down so I am hoping to be able to return for our spring pictures in a month or so. We did find a spot here and there for pictures but I couldn't help but take a few of the destruction itself, although the pictures don't really give you a full feel of how terrible it was.
Much of the park looked like this. Limbs down everywhere and many trees were marked with a big orange X that you see on that large limb on the ground. We gathered that the X meant the entire tree would be cut down.
This is yet another spot where my family took lots of pictures this summer. "You may have to enlarge the picture to see it but there is a huge tree down over the pond and the pond that was once so clean and full of lily pads is just ugly and dirty and full of debris. Just not the beautiful place for pictures it used to be. Hopefully they can soon clean it up and it can start growing again.
2 comments:
great photos! What camera do you use?
Crystal,
My camera is just a cheapy. Its an Olympus 4.0mp. It says Camedia D-545 zoom on the bottom. It was being discontinued when we bought it so it was like $60 3 November's ago. It was being discontinued b/c a newer model with more mp had come out. I just told Anthony the other day that he is to start a camera fund for me with all my gifts starting with Mother's day. I have my eye on a few that are in the 400-900 range so it will take a little while until I can get what I want.
Post a Comment