Last night Anthony decided to try studying at home. For some reason this never works for him, he just can't focus here. He says its because this is his refuge and his body instantly goes into relaxation mode. Basically what he got out of it was a full nights sleep for the first time in over a week - which in my opinion was just what he needed.
Before we went to bed he had asked me to read over a paper he is writing for one of his classes final exam. It was a lengthy and difficult paper for me to understand but I got through it and then we spent a good 30 minutes to an hour discussing it and how he might improve it.
While talking he grabbed his back pack and pulled out his last yellow legal pad to make a few notes so he wouldn't forget what we were discussing. As we were talking he was quickly flipping through it trying to find a clean sheet to make his notes on...he finally found one on the last page.
We joked that it was symbolic that he would only have one page left because in less than 2 weeks he will complete his exams and a few days after that he will graduate. He is literally on the "last page" of this journey.
It is strange to me that I've been feeling really emotional about this all week. Yes, I realize I'm pregnant and my hormones are crazy, but I thought I would be jumping up and down for joy. Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT sad in anyway that it is over - but the thought of him walking across the stage and being hooded just makes my eyes start to water. It has seemed to be a really long journey, and I am so proud of him and us for making it through. Maybe its good that I'm getting all my emotions out now because I think I might feel really silly if I cried at his graduation.
1 comment:
Bring the tissues Jen!
Post a Comment