Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Favorites


This picture almost makes me cry just looking at it. If you look really close you can see my eyes are all watery, and while that may have been party b/c I was completely drugged up (they're still operating on me at this point), it reminds me of the emotions I was feeling at that moment. This is within 1 minute of me first seeing my son. It is the only picture ever of me and one of my children in the operating room. For me having c-sections is very disappointing, party because I miss those first moments and interactions with my children. I was so glad to actually get to touch my son in the first moments this time around, even if I didn't get to hold him for almost 2 hours afterwards. This picture really captures a special moment for me.

While this isn't the "perfect" family picture, I LOVE it! It is the very first picture of the 5 of us and I think I will always love this picture.


This was taken as we were leaving the hospital. I was so excited to be going home with our little boy.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Congratulations! What a cute little guy! I bet you are so glad he is here now! Take care and get lots of rest!

Bec said...

Congrats!! Ok where do I start? #1 You look amazing lying there in the bed as you are being sewed back up...I looked HORRIBLE! #2 Ethan is SOO stinking cute!! And honestly when babys are first born they all kind of have the same babyish look and don't get really really cute until a few months...but Ethan is seriously a doll....he is really really adorable! Congrats again!