Saturday, May 09, 2009

Mommy Memories - Day 6

Today I found old posts about 2 other mother's that mean so much to me.

First my own mother. (You can read it HERE.) I'm so grateful for her and the many gifts she's given me in life. First the gift of life, then the sacrifices she made for me as I was growing up, then the love and support she's given me as I became a wife and a mother, and of course the love she shows for my children. I think most days my girls (Ethan eventually I am sure) would rather go to Grandma's than be at home with their boring mommy. They love to cook and do whatever Grandma is doing. Mom, you're the best! I am so glad I got to spend the week before Mother's Day with you, its been so much fun.

Secondly, Anthony's mom. (You can read her post HERE.) I am equally grateful to her for the gifts she's given me. The first being her son. I'm so grateful for the way she raised him, there is so much of her in him. She also has given me the gift of love. She treats me as her own. She and I have built a wonderful relationship and friendship over the past 11 years I have known her. I'm so lucky that my mother-in-law is also my friend. And of course, I cannot fail to mention the love she gives to my children. The weekly calls, the fun notes and packages she sends. Nana is apart of our daily vocabulary at our house. My girls look up to her and I wouldn't have it any other way.

So to our two mom's...and all the other moms - HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

No comments: