Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Action Hater No More

I have been a bit of a photoshop action hater for some time. I'm not exactly sure as to why. I guess I considered it a form of cheating, but then again isn't all editing cheating in a way? I just didn't like how some actions make things look so unnatural - although there are some unnatural ones I love (figure that out). Anyway, so I finally took the plunge and downloaded some actions onto my photoshop cs4. Seriously, it took me all day to figure the dumb thing out - yes, I'm that smart. (silly b/c they're so easy!) For instance, how cool is this polaroid action? I think it is so fun. It doesn't touch the picture, just creates the frame. I've even found actions that do work with the picture that give me great options to mix with what I have already been doing. And while I am confident not every one of my photos will be touched with an action, they will become a part of my editing process in the future. So...if you have any great photoshop action download sites let me know (I already know about pioneer woman). Maybe I'll finally begin to expand my photoshop knowledge...I'd say I've done okay with it, but I want to be able to use it for its full potential.

2 comments:

Brianne said...

Ooh - I love actions! I mostly use them for scrapbooking purposes, but there are some great photo ones out there too. Aside from Pioneer Woman (you gotta love that hers are FREE!) I bought some from here a while ago:

http://blog.indieannajones.com/

I like her stuff a lot. Have fun playing around!

Megan said...

My SIL has told me about a site she loves for all the free actions... http://coffeeteaphotography.blogspot.com/

She also just posted about a free online photoshop class.... http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_m-7aLR1waDk/SkExuttv3gI/AAAAAAAADUE/JOVofzHFsS4/s1600-h/PhotoEd2450ad.jpg