Thursday, June 11, 2009

The End of Class

So last night was my final photography class - well, of that course. I start a new one on Thursday.
It was a much more relaxed evening - not that any of them weren't relaxed - and we just tried out some cool things with our cameras.

First we painted with light. He'd been talking about doing this from day one of the class, and I had no idea what he meant. Basically we turned out all the lights and one person would use a flash light to light flowers (or any object you want) with a flash light. This is an example of what kind of picture you would get.


Then we used an accessory flash as a strobe and created some "ghosting" pictures. These were fun. Basically you set your camera to a reall long shutter speed and then the subject moves everytime the light goes off and then the only images your camera picks up are when the light is fully on the subject. Here are a few of those (and I'm sure my instructor would be happy to know he made my blog.).


P.S. I even earned a certificate of completion for the course....lol! Maybe I should frame it. JUST kidding!

No comments: