Thursday, July 16, 2009

1 Year Ago Today


All this week I've been thinking things like..."A year ago today I hadn't met Ethan." Today I had the thought that a year ago today I went to the hospital for my pre-op appointment and then over to Jamba juice for a little treat. On the way into Jamba juice two couples literally did a double take when they saw me. One said, "That poor woman, that is why I'll never have children." The other said, "Wow...she could be having triplets." This picture was taken when I got home from the pre-op (see, I already have my hospital bracelet on) . And I have to say, I WAS huge. And I'm glad that was a year ago and not today...because today I can say that I've been fortunate to spend 364 days with my precious boy. My life, my heart, and my body will never be the same!

2 comments:

Adam and Sherry said...

You are so brave to have taken your picture big and pregnant. That is something I never did. I did have it planned to have pregnancy pictures done with matthew but um ya they kind of never happened. I am so happy he is a year old. So hard to believe. And so adroable. Happy Birthday Ethan!!!

Dave and Natalie said...

Um....that's so rude and so funny at the same time. I think your belly looks great!! I think PG bellies are beautiful and never felt more beautiful (or totally uncomfortable) than when I was PG.

(I found your blog through Sherry's hope you don't mind...send me an e-mail and I'll send you an invite to mine. ngarrits @ msn . com)