I was thinking about this two days ago when Natalie did a very typical thing for her and brought me a bouquet of white clover...aka weeds. I'm sure you've all seen it but may not know what it looks like by its name ( I wouldn't have, but I looked it up). It looks like this:
Not really a strikingly beautiful thing. Just a plain old weed. However, when I changed my perspective by putting on my reverse mount and getting a close up shot of it, THIS is what I saw:
(This was taking one out of the bouquet she brought me, and laying it on a white sheet of paper.)
So I was thinking about this and how it relates in my life. You know if you just see something or someone from afar some are obivously beautiful and you can appreciate them. Others aren't so much but when you really get in close, get to know and understand the things that make a person up that person as a whole you gain better understanding and love for that person. Like the flower (I mean weed) you're able to see how the slight hint of pink on the petals are beautiful, and how the vibrant green is actually quite breathtaking, not dull and boring. Now...if only I can remember this all the time.



2 comments:
That is truly amazing! I am never going to look at clover the same again. I just love that you share your talents with us. Such fun!
I adore close-ups of flowers and nature, and I don't remember ever seeing a clover flower close-up. An exquisite shot indeed.
Perhaps in a few years we can be blessed with a book by you. I'm not kidding! You definitely have the talent to accomplish this. Your photography and words, combined with your appreciation for God's beauty, could bless many. :)
Post a Comment