This past Saturday we were fortunate to get to go to EPCOT as a family. I've started a post about that but then never finished the pictures. I will, I promise...but in the mean time here's a quick one.
At all the Disney theme parks there are Disney photographers standing around with big Nikon Cameras ready to take your picture at all sorts of places. They place several out infront of Cinderella's Castle, the Ball at EPCOT, at Character spots or anywhere they anticipate several people wanting pictures. They'll take your picture than scan your "photopass" which is a credit card like thing that when you get home you can go to a website and enter the info from the card and all of your pictures will be there for you to view and buy (for an arm and a leg). Also, any Disney employee will take your picture with your camera for you as well, usually with no problem. So, that being said....lets move on...
When we first arrived into EPCOT we were there about 10 minutes before it opened so I wanted to get a family picture with the Ball in the background. There were several Disney Photographers there so I asked one if they would take a picture with my camera. She acted annoyed that I asked. Then she took it and as she handed it back to me she said, it looks kind of blurry. I checked my camera and sure enough I had it on manual focus so I switched it to auto and handed it back to her.
So she took it and sent us on our way. Later in the day I decided to scroll through my pictures while we were waiting for something and here is what I found.
First the "kind of blurry" picture.
"KIND OF BLURRY?" Really? I'd like to see what she considers to be REALLY blurry.
Then there is the retake...
First of all, you can barely see the ball. You may not be able to tonice it when you're looking at it this small, BUT where is the focus? On Donald....behind us. Which means, we're out of focus! So the camera wasn't fully on "auto" but Aperture Priority and set to around a 5.6, BUT she's got a Nikon D200 around her neck, and she is a Disney Photographer, she honestly should know how to tell where the camera is focusing and she should certainly know where to put the focus. Nice.
Thankfully some nice man who asked us to take a picture of he and his wife then offered to take our families. It wasn't infront of the Ball....but oh well.
More of EPCOT to come...I promise, mom.


No comments:
Post a Comment