Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Last Day

Today is my last day....in my twenties. (The picture is me at 20.) So many of my friends have already hit the big 3-0. I do tomorrow. Part of me isn't bothered one bit about turning 30, and another part really is sad to say good by to this decade of my life and lately I have really been thinking about what will I do with the next decade?

I did so much in my twenties. 10 years ago tomorrow I bought my wedding dress. I wouldn't get married for another 19 months, but on my 20th birthday my mom and I went (for fun) to a wedding dress shop and came home (much to my dad's surprise) with one.

I think buying my wedding dress on my 20th birthday was kind of a foreshadowing for the next 10 years. Between 20 and 30 I made all of my childhood dreams come true. For as long as I can remember I dreamed about marrying my prince charming, being madly in love (and having someone madly in love with me) and then having children. Being a mother and wife were my life's dreams. All of that happened in the last 10 years. It seems I have accomplished all that I set out to do - so now what?

I still am a wife and a mother so I'll spend the next 10 years raising my kids and being a good wife...and maybe I'll come up with some other goals and dreams along the way.

So...good-bye 20's. You were pretty darn good to me (with the exception to the fact that I'd love to return to my pre-children body:o!). I hope the 30's are even better.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Happy Birthday! I hope it's a good one.