If you're friends with me on facebook you may have seen my status Wednesday night that said, "Jennifer Craiker is going on an adventure." As I said in my last post Thursday was my 30th birthday and I was feeling a bit weird about turning the big 3-0. On top of that Anthony had some hearings that were almost 4 hours away on Thursday and Friday so he wasn't going to be around much and I was feeling a tad sorry for myself that I didn't have anything fun planned on my big day.
So...Wednesday night Anthony and I were talking and we on a whim decided to just pack up and all of us would go with Anthony to his hearings and we'd stay the night, and possibly visit a beach. Let me say, being spontaneous with 3 children isn't as easy as throwing a pair of clothes in the car, but its not that much harder - just takes more luggage.
So his first hearing brought us to Fort Lauderdale. I am sorry to say that I don't have any pictures from there. But I plan on going back and making the opportunity to take pictures. This time we were in the car (and I was driving) when we were driving past what I want to shoot. We saw million dollar homes with million dollar boats parked right in a water way out back. I'd never seen anything like it. Then came the actual beach. I loved how there were little shops, ice cream shops, bars, and bistros literally right across the street from the beach. The sand was so white and the water so calm and blue. We didn't go on the beach (b/c I figured I didn't have time to park and get the 3 kids out and to the beach before Anthony finished his hearing), but even seeing it was amazing.
Then, we drove across the state to the other coast. (We drove through the Everglades on the way....just on the highway) We got to our hotel, had dinner and then went out to Fort Myers Beach. It was the cutest little beach town, just like you'd see in the movies. Older homes on stilts, brightly colored homes and hotels, people walking barefoot down the street, or riding their bikes in their swim suits. The beach was surprisingly empty, we were the only family in our area for a long time. Just before sunset more people came out to join us. We collected shells, splashed in the water, built sand castles, ran along the shore (after Ethan), wrote in the sand, and then sat in awe watching the sky change color as the sun dropped lower and lower in the sky. It was beautiful, it made me smile and it made my day.
So...whatever worries or weirdness I had felt about turning 30 slipped away with the sun that night. I realized that as long as I have Anthony and my 3 precious kids - so long as we're together, than it doesn't matter my age. Besides, as we were walking away back to the car this conversation happened:
Me - Natalie, wasn't that sunset beautiful.
Natalie - Yes Mommy, but you're prettier.
Heart...melted.
Oh yes, there are pictures. Enjoy.
The only shot of all 5 of us from our adventure.
Anthony and the kids playing in the water.
Ethan and I playing in the sun.
Anthony took this pic I love it.
(aside from my stomach....gotta lose a few, I know)
The kids collecting shells.
Ethan got really into it.
Then for the sunset pictures....go here. B/c I need to quit blogging for the night and go to bed!





2 comments:
Looks fun!
How do you take pictures like that? With just the silhouettes? We're going to the beach next month and I'd love to try!
I love it! That sounded like so much fun! Good for you for being spontaneous! And the pictures are awesome!
Post a Comment