Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Its Official...


...we have a 2 year old again.

After 2 PRE-Birthday parties, we made it home just in time to celebrate his day as a family. Nothing to exciting, just some delivered pizza, a some cake, a slip 'n slide and a few water guns.

The night before I was feeling all nostalgic about my little boy turning 2.
The kids and I were in the middle of our drive home and staying in Biloxi, MS and I was sharing a bed for the night with this little guy. As he snuggled up to me asleep I thought of how 2 years ago on that night I went to bed one last time with him nestled safely in my tummy. And the next morning as I got up at 4:30 to prepare for the final leg of our drive I remembered how I got up at 4:30 on the morning of his birth to be at the hospital. Then at 7:30am somewhere between Orlando and Biloxi I smiled in the rear view mirror at my big boy and wished him a happy birthday.

I can't believe he's 2. He's fun, curious, happy, wild, difficult (at times) and perfect.

No comments: