

These two pictures are a comparison of Isabella and Natalie, I was trying to find 2 similar pictures, I wish the one of Natalie wasn't black and white b/c then you could see the differences more. They look more alike in these pictures than I think they really do. Like I said Natalie is the first one in black and white and Isabella is the color photo with her in purple. Now on with my post...
Those of you who know me well know that I am a busy body. Anthony always rolls his eyes when he sees me making my "lists" because I have TONS of them. I actually at times will make a list of the lists I need to make! For me it is a matter of organization. When I have lists I have a purpose to my day and to my week. So every Sunday night I sit down and make a list of things to do for that week and then write out the days and plan when I am going to do what. Then I leave that list on the counter all week long and cross things off as they get done. I feel a great sense of accomplishment when things get crossed off the list. It makes me feel as if I've achieved something.
Before Natalie was born I had a good handle on what I could and couldn't accomplish in a 24 hour period with a toddler in tow. Now that I have both a toddler and an infant I am having to adjust and figure out just what I am capable of in that same time span, because obviously it isn't the same as it was before. Many times a day I say to myself, "What is the BEST use of my time?"
Right now I am working on 2 things with Natalie, better night time sleeping and a daytime routine. I feel confident once I get a handle on those 2 things that my ability to accomplish tasks during the day will increase. But right now I feel I am at a standstill and that often leaves me feeling like I've done nothing of value at the end of the day. But when I sit and think about that, maybe that needs some re-evaluation as well. Maybe it is then when I need to ask, "What is the BEST use of my time?"
Have I really accomplished nothing of value after spending the day with my 2 girls?
Non-sense! Despite the fact that the dishes didn't get done, dinner is microwavable and my daughter might get 2 baths before I ever get a shower, at the end of my day I can say that I read my daughter countless stories, kissed a day full of boo-boos, gave my new born the love and attention she craves, and guided two budding minds in learning, growing and developing into beautiful girls. And THAT is the best use of my time.
~jen
P.S. More pictures will come soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment