Alright, so you guessed it. Bella donated her hair again. She's been asking to have her hair cut short for a while and I have finally come to the point where I was on board. It was just so difficult to care for her long hair. It was beautiful, yes, BUT it took so much work. It tangled so easily and I can't tell you how many tears have been shed when washing or combing her long hair.
So when I decided it was alright to get her hair cut, she and I sat down and had a talk about how she might want it cut. I gave her a couple options. She could either have a few inches cut off or she could have alot cut off and have it donated to a sick child who didn't have hair. She choose to donate.
So, its been a 16 months since her last donation. Here are her befores.

She was getting her hair cut after school, so she had one last opportunity to wear her hair long. I asked her what she wanted done and she asked for pig tails. Its been a favorite of hers for the past few months. I reminded her that when her hair was cut it wouldn't be long enough for pig tails, braids, or pony tails anymore. She assured me it was okay.

After school we quick got her hair wet and headed over to our neighbors for the big cut. I actually had become increasingly nervous over the day. I was excited too, but let me tell you my heart was pounding as the scissors snipped. I tried to hide by staying behind the camera.

Isabella had enough hair for a 10 inch donation. We could have done even more, but we were trying to preserve a little length to work with.
There was a moment of hesitation on Bella's part. I think she got scared. There were tears after the initial snip, but let me tell you, there's been nothing but joy about her hair since. All night she walked around touching it, stopping at every mirror, and commenting about "look what my hair does if I do THIS!" And I think she looks SO adorable.
Here is a little shot we took after we got home with a really cute headband in it. Short, sweet and sassy. It's perfect! Today we're making a card to go with her donation and hair clips for her new hair. 
11 comments:
I'm so jealous her hair grows so fast--and is so thick and beautiful!!
So seeing those first pictures, I was sad thinking about all of it being cut off but holy moly, she looks BEAUTIFUL!!!! I absolutely love it short! I love it both ways--and right now it is so cute and stylish and sassy!
I love the way the hair stylist styled it!!! It's so cute!!!
she's got beautiful hair and what a loving thing to do :) cute cut!
I love her new hair! it makes her look older, Think. She is beautiful. I love the idea of donating hair. I have only done it once, but What a big decision for her to do!
Oh it looks SOO gorgeous!! And some little gal is going to be super lucky to get her locks!!
I LOVE it! I am a sucker for a short syle on little girls!
Such a great lesson in selfless service at a young age!
What a great gift for a little girl somewhere! The new short do is absolutely adorable on her and so much easier for you to manage too!
Her hair is adorable! I love it, and how sweet of her to donate her hair.
That is so cute! I love it! And I love that you take the time to donate her hair.
Hannah just pointed to Bella's picture and whispered 'Pwetty'
Her new cute looks so cute! What a sweet girl to donate her hair!
Post a Comment